WELCOME

Come on in and sit a while... Spend some time catching up with us and hopefully leave with a smile.

Please note all photos on this blog are copyrighted to Ersehnen - Bruneau River GSP. If you see an image that you would like to use on your site or pedigree please ask and one that is the proper resolution and size will be sent to you. Taking them off this, or any site, means you are not getting the best as the lowest resolution and size possible were used.

Besides taking without asking is stealing...we don't steal yours please don't steal ours.

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Scary...

I always warn people who contact us after a beloved old dog passes away that there will never be another 'just like them' no matter how much they want that to be true. And in my head I know that is the case and I know that it is unfair to the new dog to put those very unrealisitc expectations on them.

So when Jay called me today from work and said it's scary, very very scary I thought he had lost it. Ok I often think that so it wasn't anything new. And then these arrived...





No these are not the same dog years apart but Larkin the fairly recent addition to our house who is co-owned by her Breeder and more importantly our friend Heather Brennan. She goes back on the maternal line to my beloved Sage AKA The Grumpy Granny who is pictured below. I had been seeing similarities since she arrived in how Larkin carried herself or did everything full speed ahead. I especially see it when Larkin is on birds but until these photos arrived I didn't see the physical similarity and yes it is scary but in a good way. Will Larkin go on to fill those mighty big paw prints Grumpy left - only time will tell and even if she doesn't it's nice to have a little piece of the old girl back under foot and in my life. Thanks just doesn't seem to cover how I - no WE - feel Heather but it will have to do...

Note we do still have a couple of solid liver boys available as well as Rae the solid liver girl. Registered names have changed somewhat from what we thought we were going with listed on photos below. I'll try to have new photos of them up tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. OK, you blew me away with that one. She's reminded me of her mother and grandmother from the start but I find I often forget just how much alike they are to their mother and grandmother. She has some mighty big pawprints to fill.

    ReplyDelete