WELCOME

Come on in and sit a while... Spend some time catching up with us and hopefully leave with a smile.

Please note all photos on this blog are copyrighted to Ersehnen - Bruneau River GSP. If you see an image that you would like to use on your site or pedigree please ask and one that is the proper resolution and size will be sent to you. Taking them off this, or any site, means you are not getting the best as the lowest resolution and size possible were used.

Besides taking without asking is stealing...we don't steal yours please don't steal ours.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

People we LOVE...

Sunday night I did a layout (LO) for my Get Organized Be Inspired class. It was just going to be a easy LO as I just needed to get it done. And then it happened I caught a glimpse of something my Aunt Marlene sent me and the flood gates of emotion hit me. I have lived in a different country than my family since I married Jay, which isn't a bad thing but it's sometimes not an easy thing. Like last November when my Great Aunt Mary passed away.

I'll be honest we are just not in a place financially that one of us can pick up and fly anywhere - it needs lots of planning and saving. We are doing ok everything is paid on time and we have very good credit scores but we just don't currently have a lot of extra cash laying around. If you do and want to send me some feel free - I kill me

But I digress... So as I was thinking what pictures do I have that I can just slap on a page and get this assignment done as I had a million things running through my head and none of them were about scrapping. Then I saw the handout from Aunt Mary's funeral (thank you Aunt Marlene for sending it and yes I know I owe you a thank you card - bad niece very bad niece) and I was struck by emotions that I hadn't allowed to surface when she passed. Emotions that would have made Jay feel guilty about 'taking me away from my family' that there would have been no reason for him to feel. For years each Christmas was filled with all the Great Aunts & Uncles all the way down to me and my cousins. It was a time where you sometimes wondered 'what do I need to do to have a minute to myself' as the house we were at was full to overflowing. There was laughter in every corner and more love than one house could hold.

We used to play bridge for the older ones and games for the young ones. And the teasing! I used to tell Aunt Mary she wasn't such a great Aunt an ok one maybe but great - I think not... She feign being hurt and then burst into laughter all the while trying to not get me to bid 3 no trump. She made great thin bread and had a smile that could light the room. And not one of these memories did I share with anyone while she was living.

I read a poem years ago in one of the little cook books local churches put out that started 'why do we wait until they're gone before we tell their worth' it was true then and it is true now. We wait until someone is lost to us to tell them how much they mean to us and we need to stop it. Don't think that they know, don't assume that it doesn't need to be said, DON'T wait until you are holding the little pamphlet of their lives at their funeral (or months later) to realize you didn't do it. Pick up the phone and tell them better yet sit down and write a letter sharing what they mean to you, how they enrich your life. Do it now. Do it today because tomorrow may never come.

It may not be an elaborate LO as far as embellishments go but it is full of the same love that the house was all those Christmases ago...


Thank you to Becky Fleck of Page Maps (May 2007) for the design inspiration. I used Basic Grey Boxer Line paper and embellishments and to hold in the pamphlet I use a My Mind's Eye overlay.

Thank you Wendy Smedley for making me remember happy times and what I lost. This folks is why I scrapbook (ok not the crying part so much...)

No comments:

Post a Comment