WELCOME

Come on in and sit a while... Spend some time catching up with us and hopefully leave with a smile.

Please note all photos on this blog are copyrighted to Ersehnen - Bruneau River GSP. If you see an image that you would like to use on your site or pedigree please ask and one that is the proper resolution and size will be sent to you. Taking them off this, or any site, means you are not getting the best as the lowest resolution and size possible were used.

Besides taking without asking is stealing...we don't steal yours please don't steal ours.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm officially on a roll...

Yesterday I finally got the altered composition books finished. I thought I'd share 4 of them with you.

The first is done using Chatterbox paper (I love double sided paper as you never need to worry about coordinating...) Sittng Flowers for the covers and the spine is the reverse side of it. The tag is from My Mind's Eye and the fuzzy brad from Making Memories. I added Stickles in diamond to the center of each flower. I inked the book edges using Distress Ink from Tim Holtz in walnut stain. Remember the spine of the original book is black so you need to ink with something dark enough to not show any imperfections in your paper cutting ;)


This cover is done using Scrapworks Florabella Sketchbook and the spine is Chatterbox Sitting Flowers. The 'My Journal' title card - see you don't have to use things as they were originally intended :) - is from My Mind's Eye and again the book edges are inked with the Walnut Stain. I used Stickles on some of the flowers for interest. I love this paper...


Scrapworks Florabella Ginny was used on the spine and Florabella Ringaround was used on the cover. The 'All About Me' title card is from My Mind's Eye. Stickles on every other row of flowers. Edges inked with walnut stain also.


Another paper I love... Cover is Igloo Blossoms by Chatterbox and the spine is Florabella Ginny by Scrapworks. Flower is from My Mind's Eye and it has Stickles Diamond on some of the brown inner design.


I did do one other but the picture didn't turn out so it will need to wait until later today.

I'll admit these are very basic as I totally spaced on the need for them by the end of this week... You can dress them up with 'latches' to hold them closed, pen holders, and attached book marks. Maybe I'll do some of those up when I have a few minutes just to have on hand.

Now I only have the altered clock to do and then I am officially done.

1 comment: