WELCOME

Come on in and sit a while... Spend some time catching up with us and hopefully leave with a smile.

Please note all photos on this blog are copyrighted to Ersehnen - Bruneau River GSP. If you see an image that you would like to use on your site or pedigree please ask and one that is the proper resolution and size will be sent to you. Taking them off this, or any site, means you are not getting the best as the lowest resolution and size possible were used.

Besides taking without asking is stealing...we don't steal yours please don't steal ours.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Next week...really?

This morning I sat down here with a calendar hanging in front of me and realized Christmas was next Thursday and I don't care... Now don't get me wrong I care a great deal about the true meaning of the season but just to my left sit my Christmas cards yet to be addressed, several partially finished presents, and decorations for the yet to be bought tree and yet I don't care.

We are having guests for Christmas Eve dinner complete with spiral cut ham, scalloped potatoes, and all the assorted trimmings. That reminds me I need to bake cookies etc this weekend. We have gone over our gift list and picked out things each person on it will enjoy but the undertone of excitement isn't there this time round.

Could it be that for the last 2 years there has been a loss in Jay's family during the holidays? His emergency surgery last year? Or that my parents missed coming in October like they usually do and it looks like Christmas isn't going to happen either due to the weather?

I don't know the cause and likely never will but I am very grateful that Reece could care less about the whole strange man in the red suit thing as long as there are boxes to play with on Christmas morning...yeah he still enjoys taking things out and putting things in the boxes more than the stuff in them for the most part. How I wish I still had that enjoyment of the simple things...

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment